In the Wireless Business Segment, EBīs customers operate in various industries, each of them having their own industry specific factors driving the demand. A common factor creating demand among the whole customer base is the growing need for even higher speed and higher quality communications.
The following factors are expected to create demand for EBīs products and services in 2015 and beyond:
- In the mobile infrastructure equipment market the use of LTE technology is expected to continue strong. This creates the need for services for LTE base station development. There is a wide range of frequencies allocated for LTE globally thus creating the need to develop multiple products to cover the market and creating demand for R&D services for development of product variants.
- The trend of using new commercial technologies, such as LTE, smart phones and applications, is expected to continue in special verticals such as public safety. The specific LTE frequency band allocations for authorities create demand for customized LTE devices, such as EBīs specialized terminals, tablets and communication modules. EB Tough Mobile LTE smart phone creates the basis for new customer orders in the markets for public authorities and mobile safety phones.
- Due to the long history in developing smart phones and mobile communication devices, EB is in a good position to offer solutions, where e.g. mastering of multi-radio technologies and end-to-end system architectures covering both terminals and networks is needed.
- The demand for safety devices is expected to grow in the near future. EB SafeMove product family is expected to increase the performance and suitability in information security markets.
- IoT (Internet of Things) has become a significant development area in many industries. The need for R&D services for connected devices for business or consumer use, such as various wearable devices and solutions, implementing mobile applications and connected devices both with internet services as well as with other devices.
- In the tactical defense communication market the need for larger amounts of information data grows, generating demand for broadband networks, such as EBīs IP (Internet Protocol) based tactical communications solutions.
The general cost savings of the mobile telecommunications network equipment companies is reflected as increasing price competition in the R&D services. Despite of that the demand for EBīs R&D services is expected to remain steady during 2015.
EB continues the product development and delivering products and services to Finnish Defence Forces in 2015, and expects to get initial sales from the global defense markets.
The defense, national security and other authority markets are slowly developing markets by their nature. They are characterized by long sales cycles driven by purchasing programs of national governments, and the purchases of the selected products take place over several years.